- Rodent achieving sexual maturity – 1 to 3 months depending on species
- They reproduce 4 to 8 sets of offspring per annum, containing 1 to 12 rats per offspring
- The lifespan of the rodents is about 1 year.
- Rodents are good swimmers, climber, jumper, highly intelligent creatures.
- They are neophobia, so they develop bait and trap shyness very easily.
RODENT SPECIES THAT WERE COMMONLY FOUND IN SINGAPORE
House Mouse, Mus Musculus
Roof Rat, Rattus rattus
Norway Rat, Rattus norvegicus
Sharp snout, tail is longer than the body and head
Pointed snout, tail is longer than the body
Blunt nose and muzzle
Roof in the building
Coastal, riverbanks, lower portions of building, basement, garbage dump and sewers
Good climber, poor swimmer
Good swimmer, climer and burrower
Small Size, 6-9cm, 200-300g
Medium size, slender 15-22cm, 200g-300g
Big size, 18-25cm, 300-400g
3-6mm, rod shaped
12mm, pointed at both ends
20mm, blunt at both ends
Sign of Infestation
- Rub marks
- Gnaw marks
Approaches to control them
- For indoors, use glue traps, e.g. rodent glue board.
- For outdoors, use baiting.
Having rodent problems at your place? Get rid of rodents with our effective pest control treatments & solutions. Contact System Pest Control Services for professional pest control services.
Ant 蚂蚁 | Bedbug 臭虫 | Bees, Wasps & Hornets 蜜蜂, 黄蜂 | Cockroaches 蟑螂 | Fly 苍蝇 | Flea 跳蚤 | Mosquito 蚊子 |
Moth 蛾 | Silverfish 蠹虫 | Spider 蜘蛛 | Termite 白蚁 | Tick 虱 | Woodborer 木蛀虫